The menstrual cup is an incredible alternative to pads and tampons. NurCup is made out of the best raw material in the market: the surgical silicone, that is why it is comfortable and soft, apart from reusable, with a shelf life from 8 to 10 years. It is biodegradable. Did you know that if you bury a NurCup it will end up disintegrating within six years in a totally natural way?
What is it?
NurCup is a reusable menstrual cup that fits perfectly to the vaginal walls collecting the menstrual flow. It is manufactured with 100% Platinum Silicone, a safe material that prevents allergies and inflammations. Its use is very simple: all you need to do is to insert it internally, like a tampon, and after some hours, just easily empty it into the toilet. It is ideal for practising sports such as running or diving, because it is very comfortable. Even for sleeping, since it collects all the bleeding naturally.
In addition, it is a great ecological alternative that minimizes waste.
NurCup is compatible with the IUD and with the contraceptive ring.
The use of menstrual cups is not associated with any known case of Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS).
How is it used?
TO INSERT IT
Before using NurCup, sterilize it in boiling water for 3 minutes and wash your hands with soap and water.
- Compress the NurCup to fold it lengthwise.
- Hold the NurCup with one of your hand’s fingers, and use the other hand to gently separate your labia.
- Insert the NurCup obliquely towards the bottom, the ideal placement is lower than the one of the tampons.
- Once inserted, release it so it opens and adheres to the vaginal walls.
TO REMOVE IT
Before removing the NurCup, wash your hands with soap and water.
- Pull from the lower stem. You can use the vagina muscles to press it and help you expel it.
- If you find it difficult, you can insert a finger and separate the NurCup from the vaginal walls and eliminate the vacuum effect.
- Pour the contents of the NurCup, rinse it with water if necessary and insert it again.
- We recommend boiling it at the end of its use. Check that the underpressure holes are not clogged, if they are, you can clean them with a needle. Store it in the provided pouch or in any container that is not airtight.
NurCup comes in two different sizes to adapt to your body according to age and maternity background.
|CHILDBIRTH||UNDER 25||OVER 25|
Sizes and Capacities
- Inner length (without stem): 45 mm
- Outside length (with stem): 67 mm
- Inner diameter: 30 mm
- Outside diameter: 42 mm
- Capacity: 15 ml
- Inner length (without stem): 50 mm
- Outside length (with stem): 72 mm
- Inner diameter: 36 mm
- Outside diameter: 47 mm
- Capacity: 20 ml
Frequently Asked Questions
I have more doubts about the sizes that are available...
If you meet 2 or more requirements of one size, that is the one you should choose.
- You are under 30 years old
- You have not had vaginal births
- Your height is max. 1.65 m
- You use mini or regular tampons
- You are over 30 years old
- You have had vaginal births
- Your height is over 1.65m
- You use tampons of large size
There are other factors that can influence the appropriate size, for example:
Pelvic Strengthening: If you practice exercises that strengthen the pelvic muscles
(Kegel, yoga, pilates, pole dance, aerial dance, etc), we recommend you size
S/M regardless of age.
Virginity: It is advisable to choose the size S / M if you have not had sex.
How is the menstrual cup placed?
Hold the folded cup (as shown in the image of the instructions), separate the vaginal lips and gently insert it into the vagina, towards the back (horizontally) and not towards the navel (vertically). Release it so that it unfolds and check it is open and without folds, making sure it exerts resistance to turning or sliding when trying to move it through the stem.
How long can I wear the cup?
The cup offers many more hours of protection than tampons and compresses, you can wear it up to 12 hours in a row. On average, it should be emptied every 6 hours; the frequency of emptying it depends on each woman and flow abundance.
Does the menstrual cup move?
If the cup is set correctly it is very difficult it moves. When placing it make sure it has been completely open and without any crease. If necessary, remove it and insert it again.
Can I sleep while wearing the cup?
Of course, you can. Thanks to the physical and morphological qualities of the cup, there is no problem about it. When inserted, it creates a suction effect that will hold it smoothly to the vaginal walls during sleep.
How can I empty the cup when I am not at home?
Unlike absorbent products, the menstrual cup offers more hours of protection, but if you still have to empty it and you are not at home, you can do it in a toilet and clean it with a damp cloth or a little toilet paper, checking that there is no fiber left, or you can take the precaution of carrying a bottle with water to wash it before re-inserting.
I am not able to insert it
Using a menstrual cup is a new way of relating to your body. Do not get frustrated if on the first attempt you fail to insert it, or it is not well secured. Follow the instructions, take your time and try again. If you do not get it after several attempts, let at least one day pass to avoid irritation or discomfort. You will soon adapt to the procedure and it will be easier with each cycle.
What if I can't remove the cup?
The first thing you should do is to relax and not to panic, remember that if you are tense the vaginal muscles contract and make the process more difficult. You should not try to extract it by pulling the stem, but by pressing the base of the cup with your fingers, making slight movements for the air to circulate and to hinder the vacuum to form.
If it is my first period, can I use the cup seamlessly?
Yes, there are no contraindications for this, you just have to make sure you choose the right size for you.
Can menstrual cup cause Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS)?
No. The TSS is a disease caused by alteration of the vaginal flora associated with prolonged use of high absorbency tampons. Because the menstrual cup is made of medical silicone, an inert material does not produce TSS.